Summer Blog Series: My Farmer’s Market Tour

Hey friends, Happy Summer to You!! I’m glad to be back with Part One of my Summer Blog Series! I figured, what better way to get this party started than to get outside and visit my favorite farmer’s markets. I love farmer’s markets! Some cities, for various reasons, are struggling to maintain a vibrant market scene. But most are doing well, and I believe they are an important part of our cityscapes, economies, and local cultures.

On this tour, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the following farmers, and I’m happy to introduce them to you:

Desserts by Latrell
Shirley Girl Cheeses
Blue Adirondack Farms
PJ's Tempeh
Orchard Pond Organics


I met many other amazing farmers and food artisans, so this is definitely not an exhaustive list. I couldn’t find contact information on Blue Adirondack or Shirley Girl, so if you know how to reach them, please comment below.
Let the tour begin!
On my tour, I visited the Bannerman, Lake Ella, and Tallahassee Farmer’s Markets. One question I asked the farmers: What do you do with leftover food, items that do not sell? Some take them to the next market. Others practice canning. Most everyone practices composting. And, of course, the farmers eat the leftovers!
I purchased the Adzuki Bean Tempeh from PJ’s, also Play of Sunlight Mushrooms. I love the easily-digestible adzuki, and I can’t wait to try it! And, look at those beautiful ‘shrooms. I'll be cooking the tempeh on my insta-stories, I will comment here, and let you know how it went. So great to meet you guys! 


Julia and friend from New Green Organiks! I purchased the broccoli microgreens. Microgreens have so many amazing health benefits. I know Julia can explain them way better than me!! Great to meet you!

I was so happy to meet Menia, Owner of Desserts by Latrell, at the Bannerman Market! I purchased her melt-in-your-mouth coconut scones. They are the perfect treat. I can’t wait to visit you again soon, and try the other scone varieties!!  

I also met Henry at the Bannerman Market. Henry is a farmer with the Treehouse Permaculture Center.

I purchased the carrots and cucumbers from the Treehouse Permaculture Center stand. Absolutely delicious, fresh and flavorful! Thank you, Henry!

Shirley Girl Cheese? Yes, please!

Paradise can be found with an established and trusted local farm! 

I purchased a large bag of blueberries from Blue Adirondack, and they were gone the same day! I am a sucker for fresh, local blueberries! They also make yummy jams. I did not get the ladies’ names, but they were so kind! Thank you!

Local Honey by Orchard Pond Organics. I purchased a honey bear! So good, and reasonably-priced!!

Beautiful Lake Ella Farmer’s Market!

I’ll visit a market by a beautiful lake any day! This one happens to be on Wednesdays!

What are you up to this summer? Do you have a favorite farmer’s market? Are they an important part of your city or town? Do you enjoy getting to know your local growers? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you for reading, and if you like this post, please feel free to share! Until next time! ⚘

24 comments

  1. Happy Summer to you too, Rebecca! I love shopping at the farmer's market as well. I think it's a great way to buy affordable fresh food products and also support the local farmers. Thank you for sharing your experience:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good farmer's market and visits are a routine part of my summer. There's nothing like buying fresh produce, artisan baked goods, and honey directly from a beekeeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good farmer's market and visits are a routine part of my summer. There's nothing like buying fresh produce, artisan baked goods, and honey directly from a beekeeper!How to Get From Barcelona International Airport to the Cruise Port?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work.Bd Tour

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. สูตรบาคาร่า 2020

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fantastic post and you shared awesome experiences with us. Nice pictures you captured. Thank you so much for sharing this post. I want to tell about my story I mostly visit Thailand because its natural beauty attract me. Thailand’s thousands of beaches are perhaps what makes the country the ultimate place to relax and feel inspired. Some of the most famous are on islands like Phuket, in Southern Thailand. Phuket alone has over 30 beaches — Nai Harn or Yanui Beach in the south and Bangtao or Nai Yang in the north are quieter than others. Or, if you’re in Bangkok with a free day, the 2.5-hour trip to the extremely popular Hua Hin is a great trip. It’s served as a beach destination for locals — and even royalty — for nearly 100 years.https://catmotors.net/routes/doi-inthanon-national-park/ For options with slightly fewer tourists, consider the beautiful southern provinces of Nakhon Si Thammarat and Satun, both not too far from Krabi. Or grab a longboat from Ao Nang and take a ride to one of the many Andaman island getaways: Ko Lanta has snorkeling and diving tours, while Maya Beach, made famous by Leonardo DiCaprio’s The Beach, is on Ko Phi Phi Leh. Over in the Gulf of Thailand, the Full Moon party on Ko Phangan is once a month and quite the extravaganza — face paint optional, but encouraged. https://catmotors.net/routes/pai/ For more visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it.if you’re in Bangkok with a free day, the 2.5-hour trip to the extremely popular motorbike rental in Chiang Mai is a great trip. It’s served as a beach destination for locals — and even royalty — for nearly 100 years.https://www.facebook.com/sakuramotorbikerental/For options with slightly fewer tourists, consider the beautiful southern provinces of Nakhon Si Thammarat and Satun, both not too far from Krabi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply respecting your work and considering how you dealt with this web journal so well. It’s remarkable to the point that I can’t stand to not experience this important data at whatever point I surf the web.
    Desert Safari Sharjah

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me.comprare holiday deals

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is an ideal opportunity to give eight to 15-year-olds some experience of controlling a four-wheeled vehicle - and they are sure to love getting the chance to put their foot down under the guidance of highly-trained staff.indian visa

    ReplyDelete

  18. These are great pics! We are looking in buying an Oliver and wondered what you tow yours with. Have you gotten very much use out of it? Any regrets? Any insight would be so helpful.Best Barbados Beaches

    ReplyDelete
  19. The American Crisis Prevention and Management Association has been providing crisis prevention, intervention and management training, certification, consulting that help individuals and organizations for over a decade. ACPMA trainers are experienced crisis prevention and management consultants that bring the knowledge needed to help you or your organization excel. ACPMA offers varied crisis prevention and management courses covering a vast range of industries like healthcare, schools, law inforcement, workplaces, etc.
    Regards,
    BVP CERTIRICATION COURSE ONLINE (BEHAVIORAL VIOLENCE PREVENTION)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you. buy 100 instagram likes with paypal

    ReplyDelete
  21. Our online courses are designed without walls and without invisible ceilings. And that means irrespective of who you are, you're going to have access to it all. Nothing held back, just empowering content that will not only teach you what's possible but also make you powerful. Distance learning can give you an online education. For more visit online training

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed your blog. Its easy to read, the content is good, and youre an educated writer unlike most of the blogs I come across when searching on this topic. I will check back in the future and see if you have more articles. Thanks for posting this, I appreciate the information and the effort you put into your site.albania for tourists

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yellow and white are mainstream hues. At that point, place a spot of nail clean on your nail. Pick a nail shading for the genuine bloom and make a few spots around the principal touch you made. You have now made a bloom. manchester market lexington

    ReplyDelete